Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to become a registered vendor please select "New Vendor Registration" from the main Vendor Portal for the agency you wish to do business with and follow these steps:
Step 1 Company Info tab: Select a User Name and Password (Tip: write it down to remember them). Complete the Company Info, all mandatory fields are denoted by a red asterisk. The Main Contact information section will allow you to enter up to two separate email addresses (a main and an alternate) for notifications of projects out to bid.
Step 2 Additional Addresses: If your company has multiple addresses you may enter them here if you so choose. Remit Addresses are addresses the Agency should use to mail all payments or invoice inquiries. Order Addresses are addresses the Agency should use for purchase orders.
Step 3 Classifications/Licenses: Please select all that apply. To select Contractor Licenses please click on "Add" and select all that apply. License number and expiration date will be mandatory if a license type is selected.
Step 4 Other Business Info: If you do not know if your company is Exempt from Federal Backup Withholding please contact the Agency. Purchasing Cards are credit cards issued to the buyer at the Agency.
Step 5 Category/Description: Business Description is an optional area for you to describe additional information about your company to the Agency. Bid notices are not generated by information submitted in the description box.
Categories are selected by clicking on the "Add" button. You can search your category in numeric or alphabetical order by clicking on the column header or you can type a keyword in the box above to bring up all categories that include the keyword anywhere in its title.
When you are done completing the vendor registration form, click "Register" on the bottom, right corner of the page in order to submit your profile. Registration is immediate, you do not need to wait for a confirmation email to login or begin using the system.
Retrieving Bid information
From the Bid Opportunities page there are 2 ways to search for current and past listings on Agency's website:
1. Simply select "Search" and the complete list of all current and past bids available for viewing will be listed.
2. To do an advanced search enter your search criteria and select "Search". The results can be organized in ascending or descending order by clicking on a column header.
To select a bid, simply double click on the line and the bid information will appear. You can navigate through the tabs to view bid detail, line items, bid documents, addenda, and Q&A if applicable.
To order hard copy bid documents please complete the following steps.
1. At the bottom of the Documents/Attachments tab select "Order Plans". You will be asked to login if you have not already done so.
2. Review and update Prospective Bidder Details for this bid request. You can change the contact information for the bid here, without changing your main profile. Once you have reviewed your contact information, select "Done".
3. Select the documents you wish to order and select "Done".
4. Complete the order form and select "Done". A message will appear in the lower right hand corner, if your order was successfully completed.
Note: You can check on the status of your order by clicking on the “Prospective Bidders” tab and then click on “My PB Profile” on the upper right of the page. Your prospective bidders profile will be displayed. Click on the tab for "Orders"
To download electronic bid documents please complete the following steps.
1. At the bottom of the Electronic Documents box, select "Download Now". You will be asked to login if you have not already done so.
2. A pop-up with your Prospective Bidder Detail will appear. Review the information for accuracy. You can change the contact information for this bid without changing your main profile. Once reviewed and updated, click “Done”.
3. Select "Download Now" again and then download for each file available.
4: Select "Done" when finished.
To download electronic bid documents, please complete the following steps on the Addenda/Email Tab.
1. Double click on the addenda you wish to download/view and acknowledge.
2. Double click on the file to download.
3. At the bottom, left-hand corner of the addenda box click on Acknowledge. If you do not see Acknowledge the system will inform you if you have already done so for the addenda or if you need to first log in.
4: Select "Done" when finished.
Yes, bid results are posted to the website automatically if bidding is conducted electronically and the bid date/time has closed, unless the agency has requested otherwise. If this is a paper bid, results will be available once the Agency has reviewed all bids and enters them into the system manually.
To check for bid results for the selected bid, go to the "Bid Results" tab. Bid results are listed in order from lowest to highest bidder. Double click on any of the bid results listed for more detail. The Agency has sole discretion on the level of information provided for bid results.
In order to be able to bid electronically, you must be a registered vendor with the Agency.
To bid electronically please complete the following steps:
1: Select the bid of your choice and click on "Place eBid".
2: Login if you have not already done so.
3: If applicable, the system will validate that all documents have been downloaded from this site prior to beginning the eBid process. The system will prompt you to do so if you have not downloaded all documents.
4: You must acknowledge any addenda prior to continuing the eBid process. Please see How Do I Acknowledge an Addenda if you need further details. Select "Place eBid" once all addenda has been acknowledged.
5: You must accept the Agency's Terms and Conditions in order to continue the eBid processes. For questions regarding the Agency's Terms and Conditions please contact the buyer listed on the bid posting.
6: Complete the information requested on all the tabs shown in the eBid process. At anytime you may select "Save" to save a Draft of your eBid and "Edit" to continue the eBid process at another time prior to bid closing.
7: When done select "Submit". You can then either select "Cancel to return to the eBid to make changes or select "OK" for submission. NOTE: Please allow ample time for file upload. Do not close your browser during the submission process.
8: The confirmation box will appear upon successful completion of your submission. This will include your confirmation number and eBid date/time stamp. You may review and print a copy of your submission by clicking on "Summary". For additional questions, you may contact PlanetBids support team at (818) 992-1771 and press "0".
There are two main areas to find this information:
1: On the main Bid Opportunities search results, refer to the column labeled Format to determine if the project is bidding electronically or by paper.
2: On the Bid Detail tab of the bid, refer to the last line in the first box for Response Format.